Saturday, November 13, 2010

Garden Nine Patch

 I have been very destracted this past week I haven't had a chance to blog about anything I've been doing. This is one of my many UFO's that is more now a work in progress I have all the vines and leaves on, now I need to start the flowers. I will be putting some very primitive folksy looking flowers next to the leaves.
I got the idea from a couple of different sources one was a magazine and the other a book they both showed alternating panels one had four patches and nine patches the other just panels with vines and flowers. I had made the darling nine patches with the intent on just trying to make a Irish Chain with alternate blank blocks and when I got them together it just looked terrible very plain. So I began to search for an idea and liked the panel ideas that were shown so I just combined the two ideas with the blocks and added the flowers (hence the name of the quilt Garden Nine Patch). Any way this really looks great even if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment