Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Fun with strips!

This has got to be a great pile of strips, as before the possibilities are endless. I do love string quilt tricks so I went in that direction. Once I had a few rows of strings I cut them into.....

4 inch long strips. I made like four lengths of these babies. I cut a neutral color like off white/ecru or muslin what ever. Then I stitched along each side, then I used my handy dandy triangle maker tool. And...

I ended up with something like this. I know that isn't much of a tutorial but I'm not giving a tutorial. I was able to get 10 squares from one long strip. The little squares unfinished are 5.5 inches they combine to create a 10 inch square. I was able to make 40 of these in an afternoon. If you want a better tutorial visit Bonnie Hunters website (teacher of the year), at quiltville.com she gives a much better tutorial, diamond-in-a-square strings. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment