Sunday, April 17, 2011

GUILTY !

I am so guilty, I admit to my shameful behavior. I have started more quilts! My UFO's/WIP's have grown in the last several months. I think it is due to the fact that I love to surf the wonderful quilting blogs out there and I see so many wonderful quilts with amazing colors and styles both simple and fun as well as complicated and artistic. I have purchased fabric just for such quilts. I have started at least one block and cut for as many blocks that I think the finished quilt should need to be a good size quilt. Some I have made more blocks just to make a couple of quilts bigger, I so want to make bigger quilts. The benefit to making bigger quilts is that I will keep my stash from getting too big, it is considerable at the moment. However, I have made progress with several quilts from my list of UFO's that I want to either finish or almost finish. I also have been trying to contribute to the needs of those who have been devastated by natures fury. As much as I have started I have yet to get started on the two color challenge quilt that is due in September, I do have the fabric and I'm pretty set on a pattern I just need to really get going. In my surfing I do encounter a few fellow quilters out there who also have a growing list of UFO's so I know that I am not alone. I need a few sewing dates and late night sew sessions to give myself time to make progress. Part of me wants to take myself to a hotel for a weekend of non-stop sewing with no interruptions from family needing dinner or clean clothes etc. etc. Maybe when the summer starts and I won't have to get up early for school and stuff like that I will be able to plan a couple of days to do just that. In the meantime if I don't get called to substitute tomorrow I will make an easy dinner in the crock pot do two loads of morning laundry and then just sit and stitch the day away. Happy stitching to me!!! 

2 comments:

  1. haha, too funny :) I've been trying to resist (not very sucessfully) begining new projects. Like you said inspiration is everywhere, and it makes my WIP pile look kind of unattractive. At least I know I'm in good company :) I hope you had the stitching day you were hoping for.

    ReplyDelete