Monday, April 11, 2011

Mug Rug Done!


I wanted this mug rug to be whimsical and childish almost. I also needed not to be fussy with it due to time issues. So I went to the scraps as usual and found a square piece of fabric 8" in size. Then I went to the crumbs scrap pile and found green pieces, I only trimmed a little bit.

 Then I found little pieces of blue, I think any color would look just great. I also found a piece of yellow for the center but orange would have been just as welcoming. (I can so see this as a sunflower.) I also did a little trimming.
 Then I found some pink scraps for a border. Then I took the pieces and with a piece of stablizer on the back began stitching first the stems and the leaves, then the petals and the center and lastly the borders. I cut a scrap of batting and a backing.





The final touch was to do stitching around the flower and just inside the border. Add a cute binding and I have a cute mug rug for spring. This would make a darling quilt as well, can't you just see a mess of whimsical flowers in all the colors? This may be a little on the big side but just the same I like this months mug rug. I think I'm onto a whole year of these babies, I started in February, lets just see if I can make it through the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment