Wednesday, October 26, 2011

CELEBRATION !!! One whole year!

 As of today I will have kept this blog for one whole year. HURRAY ! I did decide to have a 12 hour sew day this Friday (12 months in a year idea). I have been busy cutting all the pieces for each block, to be already for the day. I will begin this Friday Oct. 28 TH at 8 AM after a good breakfast and coffee, with a break for lunch. I will of course put a crock pot dinner on so that my duties will not be neglected and I will have finished any other chores the day before. (Thursday)
I have chosen a very random bunch of blocks from various sources, all 12 inch finished. I love a scrappy quilt so this will be scrappy, the majority of the fabric came from my stash. I bought the batting, and backing and a few fat quarters. I will be trying to complete the entire quilt in the 12 hours if not, I at least hope to have it sandwiched by the end of the day and take the weekend to finish. I would like to give the quilt as a gift to a good friend however if the quality and colors are like yuck then I have no idea what I will do with the thing. I did my best to not be over compulsive when cutting the fabric. Either way this should be a very fun day. I will post my progress on the hour. So far no one has wanted to join me which is fine, no pressure. Any way this is my first attempt at this kinda thing, I am prepared to learn and be grateful for the experience. Happy stitching! 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun, I'll try to stop in and cheer you on :)

    ReplyDelete